I got a new life!
The weekend was here again and I had already packed my laptop and clothes to spend weekend out of home. I called my friend who said that he is going to Cunoor. He was driving down and I asked him if he can drop me to Mysore. He said he can. It was good as we could get a few hours to talk as well. We started our Journey on Saturday morning by 9:00am and we reached the Bangalore – Mysore Highway by 9:30am.
Its always been a pleasure to drive to Mysore as the road is amazing and one could go at high speeds also. I have driven at 170kmph on that road a couple of times.
We stopped at a nice Restaurant for breakfast. I was playing with my friend’s baby boy. He is so sweet and playful. After some photography we started our journey again. My friend is a Director of a company in Bangalore and his wife works with a very large Hardware company. We started to talk about our work and share our experiences. It has always been helpful talking and listening to him as there is so much of learning for me.
While talking and having some good time we were totally unaware that we are heading for a big crash that was just around the corner.
While negotiating one curve the lorry ahead of us braked hard. We slowed down and were forced to switch on the lane on our left. Just as we switched the lane we saw a mini bus parked there. We had no other option but to jam on the brakes which we did but unfortunately that did not help us a bit as the vehicle skidded and rammed into the mini bus parked on the Highway. I was in the front passenger seat and the impact was on my side. To my good luck I was wearing the seat belt which actually saved my life.
It happened in a fraction of a second. We changed lane – jammed on the brake – and BANG we collided...
My friend’s wife was thrown from the rear seat, she hit my seat from rear which pushed my seat ahead and her head collided with the dashboard – thankfully she got her hand between her head and the dashboard. The baby fell from the seat on the bag which was there on the floor giving him some cushioning. My Friend dashed on the side window and his inner lip was cut badly. I got a new life b’coz of the seat belt I was wearing but since the windshield crashed small pieces of glass got into my left hand and I had some minor cuts on my left hand only.
Thank GOD! Everyone in the car was safe. We immediately got out of the car and checked with each other. We were glad that everyone was safe including the baby. The next thing was to check the damage of the car. It made us really sad and upset to see the condition of the car. We started to talk to the driver of that mini bus and the conductor. These are local buses they run between two villages sitting on the either sides of the entire highway. It was his mistake to park the vehicle in the middle of the road and we had no way to escape that as we had a lorry at our right. Sai was thinking if he could avoid it anyway but unfortunately there was no way we could have avoided it. At this time we also realized is that we were at a place where the fastest help could take a few hours to arrive. This area is known for its notorious activities and we were alert at all times. We made sure that no one robbed our belongings. There were a lot of people who actually tried to get inside the car but we did not allow them.
A lot of crowd had gathered already and we had to do quiet a bit of talking. I was calling up the Maruti on road help to get a tow truck to tow away the car back to the service station. I called up another friend of mine who runs a cab business. I asked him to send a cab to the spot of the accident as we had decided to continue our journey and not to go back to Bangalore. My friend called his family and informed them about it. My mom had called a few minutes before the accident and I was sure that I would not receive a call from home till evening so I did not inform anyone at home. Actually I do not intend to inform them about it as well. I feel it will just make them worry all the time. My friend and his wife were busy talking to those people there and trying to make sure that we screw the mini bus guy as he had parked the vehicle in the middle of the road.
The car was not in a position to start or move at all. It was lifted by the people there and brought to side so that we do not block the highway. When the car was moved we could see the debris all over the place.
As time passed by the crowd started to fade off and we were kind of normal by now and were thanking god for saving us. This is when I realized the impact and everyone who saw where I was sitting just said that you have got a new life. Trust me when I saw that I felt the same.
God is there and it was just coz of him we all were safe after such a serious crash.
We were patiently waiting for the cab and the tow truck. It started to rain heavy and the cab arrived. We transferred our luggage from the car to the cab and just when we were done transferring the luggage the tow truck also arrived. We started again. It was 2:30pm now. The first thing was to wear a seat belt. We were in a state of shock. It was over now and we had survived the worst crash of our life so far.
It is not about being careful. It is all about time. Even after being so careful and safe we were forced into a Crash which was so unavoidable when we look at the circumstances. If it has to happen it will happen no matter what. The ultimate safety obviously is in the hands of the ALMIGHTY but we should always do everything to keep ourselves and people around us safe…
I thank God for everything. I thank him for a New life and for keeping all of us safe even after such a serious crash.
Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/gp/9957547@N08/9bjLZe
PLEASE WEAR A SEAT BELT AT ALL TIMES.
LIFE IS PRECIOUS!
GOD BLESS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment