We are Finally moving to a bigger and a better office... I'm Excited
I feel as if i just started with Foundation Systems but when a look at the calender and I cannot believe its going to be two years now... every thing is still so fresh in my mind as if it just happened a couple of weeks back... time flies...
I remember my interview with Foundation Systems lasted for a few hours and the VP that time took a good technical interview of mine which included question on Java and C++. A recruiter is not asked such questions most of the times but i'm happy that i answered all the questions well... I was interviewed repeatedly by everyone one by one... After there was no one left to interview me they said that they would let me know in a couple of days time. By the time i left the Foundation Systems office that day i was really tired... After a few days i received a call and the VP wanted to meet me again... This was the time they wanted to discuss the offer and my joining date. They gave me a good 10 days to start and i was really excited about the offer and my role. After i accepted the position the VP then took me to the floor and announced to everyone there that i would be joining them soon. I got introduced to everyone and then he escorted me out of the office and said "I'm very excited to have u on the team Naren. I'm looking forward to work with you" I smiled and said "I'm also excited about working with Foundation Systems".
The day i joined Foundation Systems in July 2005 there were just 5-7 employees including me. That day was a start day for another person - Shatanjay(shay). That time the floor used to be empty and there were hardly any phones and lot of things were still being tested and implemented... Since it was a new setup and there were only a few of us, we worked hard... i remember i had to slog with one client for about a month and finally I got a placement there. The first one is the most difficult one u see. :)
That placement was a double placement as the client hired this guy full time later on.
Me and shay received training from the VP for a 2 week period and the environment around was Rocking! Sharing our experiences and knowledge... With work there was so much of fun involved. We used to give training to some of our colleagues who were not from recruiting. Working with other recruiters and the new application(bullhorn) that we were getting used to was fun. I must say bullhorn is a very thoughtfully made application... i just love working with it... It was fun altogether. Pulling legs of each other in those breaks and those Yahoo IM Conferences on Friday evening... the mid night meals and looking for food at 4 in the morning and getting some tandoori chicken and kebabs at 4:00am... it was fun...
The funniest incident was when i ordered 2 coin paranthas with a full chicken at 1:00am IST. Everyone rolled on the floor that day when the order came in... not my fault... i never knew that a coin parantha would actually be a coin sized parantha... makes me wonder why there make such small paranthas... Those 2 coin paranthas were shared by 4 hungry people... while eating those minature paranthas everyone was laughing and thinking that why we asked him (me) to order for food... the chicken was good though... tons of fun altogether...
We were starting to grow and so were our waist lines... ha ha ha
That time there were just 2 cabs. i dont remember how many we have today...
My office reporting time used to be 9:30pm IST. and that crazy cab guy used to come to my place at 5:00Pm. I used to start by 5:30pm IST and then after picking everyone i used to reach office only by 9:30PM IST. No, i did not live out of Bangalore that time... in fact the distance from my residence to office was just 6Kms. Naa, the traffic was not that bad either... The route my cab used to follow was this.. Starting at Jayangar 3rd Block - 5:30PM(thats where i used to live) to some place near Hosur Road 6:30pm to 7:30pm(another 10km on that same road is Tamil Nadu border) to via outer ring road HAL 8:30pm (near Jeevan bhima nagar) then Thippasundra 8:45pm and finally to Richmond Road 9:00pm(FS office). It was a crazy route. At hosur road i was forced to wait for almost an hour everyday... believe me that place was crazy with hardly any cell phone signals i had to listen to that cab guys broken Hindi non stop for one hour... poor me.
I'm glad that all that did not continue as we started to grow.
Foundation Systems team started to grow and in a six months time the office was full. We rang many bells and work started to get busier and busier by the day... I remember there was a time when i was actually living in the office... working on requirements... submitting candidates... talking to candidates at 10:30pm and getting them to send their resumes at that hour... it was fun...
Everyone in the office used to go in the morning and come in the night and i used to be still there in the office... working at my desk... My colleagues used to say we have one room empty in office(Raghu's room now) u can make that ur home and save on the rent u pay.. ha ha ha
I'm was typical workaholic... But i always enjoyed it and it was all fun...
With all the hectic schedules and tight submission deadlines and some crazy client who interviewed my candidate for 8 hrs and said "he is not a match" It was just the bond that we shared with each other on the team and the weekend masti that kept us going... not to mention the office parties always helped us "UNWIND"
Its been a really good learning experience and i learn everyday here. So many changes from the day we started till this day... when we are actually moving out to a new location - a much awaited move though. I'm really excited and would hope that Foundation Systems and the team here including me continue to grow.
Today with a couple of certificates and some testimonials from my clients for my work i feel great and motivated.
Motivated to "MAKE ANOTHER CALL"
Motivated to improve and do a better job everytime...
Starting Monday, 5th March 2007 - Foundation Systems is moving to its new bigger and better office... I have seen the new office only in pics and I'm really excited to get in there and do a great job every single day... I'm sure, the new office would be as noisy as it is now with all the people on the phone and the bells ringing here there and everywhere.
Lets Make another CALL!
Lets Keep that bell Ringing!
FYI: At Foundation Systems we ring a bell every time we make a placement and the entire floor applauds.

6 comments:
Great...!!!! All the best for your new office.
Thanks Boss
I'm going to visit u this weekend.
Holi khalenge ;)
ha ha ha really brings back old memories. we have had a lot of fun in this office . will miss those old days for sure ha ha ha when there were just 7 of us I am somehoe sure that you enjoyed waiting on hosur road;) ha ha ha ha
No bharat,
No way.. that was a Nightmare... :P
Thank god we are done with it.
Great experience for you and you have put it very well too, Naren. Makes us "new comers?" feel that we should have come here a bit(a couple of yrs) earlier. But no props, your blog has inspired us to write a similar "peep into the past" after some years when we would be moving to a even bigger office.
I now know the secret of Non-stop talking but I still have to know your secret of non-stop typing!!!
hahahhahaa .. way to gooo buddy cud picture wat is written.. khool keep it up.. ur write up makes me feel like joinin ur office.. hahhaa.. cheers to u
Post a Comment